Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary


This week marks Dunthorpe Marketing Group’s 13th anniversary. And, despite the ongoing economic tough news….I’d say we’ve had a very lucky year.


First, a bit of history. I founded Dunthorpe Marketing Group after twelve years with Sequent Computer Systems (now IBM). I decided at the time of my second sabbatical to do something different with my lead generation and marketing experience. I learned in early July 1996 that you can start a company in one day. You just make the first call and say, “Hi, this is Susan with Dunthorpe Marketing Group….” and voila, you have a new company.


One of my first calls was to a former Sequent colleague who hired our agency (which was initially just me and my black lab) as the first agency of record for CareerBuilder.com. And, Dunthorpe Marketing Group was launched.


My goal was to create the agency I always wanted to hire when I was in my corporate role. Basically, an agency that understood my business, had direct industry experience, had a successful track record, was fun to work with and didn’t take more time to manage than they saved.


If you talk to our clients today, I think they would say we are that agency. And, we are having a great time. Our clients are exceptional, our team is extremely talented, we’ve been very busy, we’re exceeding some very high bars and we’re having fun every day.


Happy 13th anniversary.

I think we’re lucky indeed.


Susan Linman

No comments:

Post a Comment